Saturday, June 21, 2008

Randomness on Saturday

08/04/07
Randomness on Saturday
So first of all, I went for a walk around my neighborhood today, and I discovered some stunningly beautiful houses. Walking with my ipod is one of my favorite pastimes. On one of the houses the guy was out doing yardwork, so I told him how great I thought his house was. He looked pleased that someone appreciated it. I also sawa a dad sitting on his driveway with his son in his lap reading the paper and I thought "How cool is that...".

Next topic : Amazon Unbox on Tivo - I have to say that right now I'm a bit pissed. I requested a movie on my Tivo and then I get an email (not on my Tivo, mind you) that says my Tivo is full. Fine, I go and clear off TWELVE HOURS of content. Re-download. Same rejection e-mail. This is BS. If I request a download, the TiVo should be smart enough to MAKE ROOM for it. This service is not ready for mass use. If I ever get the stupid thing to work, I'll report back with another story but right now it's not working at all.

TiVo Update : Third rejection email received. I am officially pulling my hair out.

Again : We're on rejection letter #4 for those who are scoring at home (or even if you're alone as Dan Patrick used to say) - I'm going out on a limb here and saying I'm going to get another rejection letter. Needless to say, I'm not going to endorse this product.

Final Update : We watched it on the PC and I sent a nasty-gram to Amazon. Their response? oh, our records show you downloaded it just fine! for f--k's sake...really.

needless to say i think amazon unbox sux.

No comments: