Saturday, June 21, 2008

Enough Already

03/07/07
Enough Already
Right about now I start getting really sick of Winter.
I've gotten through the 5 degree days.
I've braved the 20 mph winds howling through the streets of downtown Chicago.
I've fought back the blinding snow.
I've dealt with my glasses frames getting so cold they felt like they were freezing to my face.
Enough Already.
It's not really even all that cold anymore, but I don't want to wear a coat to go outside anymore. I'm ready to walk outside like it's a halfway normal day and look up into the skyscrapers and see blue sky. This is the time of year where Winter just really tests your patience. It's getting better and we're even supposed to get to 50 degrees this weekend, but there's still a long way to go before I can get close to being comfortable on my backyard patio.
Such is the wonderful month of March in the Windy City.

No comments: