Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Pretty Good Day

03/27/07
A Pretty Good Day
So I took a day off work today to relieve some stress from work. We've been on the watch for layoffs since an announcement in December and we still haven't found out yet. Needless to say, there are a lot of people at my work who are on edge. I have not been sleeping well as a result.
I had the selfish intent to play some video games today but then MS took XBL down for maintenance. I still could have played (and still plan to play) some campaign but that can get old quickly. Plus, it was 75 and sunny for most of the morning and it was supposed to rain later.
Somehow I got it in my head that since it is such a nice day outside I should take my kids to the park and give mom some much needed downtime. So, off we went. When we first got there, there was already a little girl there and I was somewhat sensitive to my kids getting "the run" of the place because the little girl was a little shy. Turns out I underestimated my own daughter whose mother hen genes kicked in and got the little girl to go down the slide a couple times. It was really something to watch.
My Crazy Son (his shirt says "Will Trade Sister for New Puppy" and yes, he already has a dog) :

My Daughter :
Crazy Kids (actually posing for a picture? really?) :

My daughter's mother hen instincts

Then my wife shows up at the park to take the kids to lunch by her mom's - about an hour away. She asked if I wanted to come. I really wanted to stay home and shoot the breeze with my OMM forum brethren, but for some odd reason I reluctantly agreed. We went to Wendy's and my son actually ate something which is BIZARRE because he never eats anything at Wendy's or anyplace else. He ate about 5 chicken nuggets and an entire Jr Frosty. Well, almost.
The Family at Wendy's : Clockwise from top : Wife, Daughter, Son, Wife's Grandpa, Wife's Mom

My Son sharing his Frosty with my Mother In Law :
As we were pulling back into our driveway under moderate rain, I thought to myself "that was a pretty good day", especially since I woke up with a pretty nasty headache from yet another night of bad sleep.
My Daughter running to get out of the rain :

No comments: